Instrumentalists and Singers of All Ages are Needed
Anytime is a great time to join one of the choirs and help continue to build the Music Ministry at OLPH. This is a wonderful opportunity to serve God and the Parish through sharing your gifts of music and song. And it promises to be a lot of fun as well! The following groups are all directed by our Music Director, Russell Stern. New members are always welcome and encouraged to join throughout the year.
The Adult Festival Choir
• We sing at the 9:00am Mass on Sunday (and sometimes other Masses) until the first week of June. We also sing for Holidays and special occasions. All singers are welcome.
• Rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 7:45-9:15pm in the church. The first rehearsal is on September 13.
The 10:30 Mass Ensemble
• Sings at the 10:30 AM Mass throughout the year.
• All singers are welcome and instrumentalists are encouraged to audition.
• The singers rehearse Tuesdays from 7:45-9:15pm in the music office The first rehearsal is on September 13.
• Instrumentalists rehearse prior to the Mass or as needed.
The Teen/Young Adult Ensemble
• Sings approx. once a month usually at the Sunday 10:30am Mass, and for Christmas, Easter and other occasions, until early June.
• Students grade 8 through young adult are welcome.
• No audition required for singers. Instrumentalists are encouraged to audition.
• Rehearses on Tuesdays, starting September 20 from 7:00-7:30pm. in the church
The Children’s/Middle School Choir
• Sings once a month, usually at the 9:00am Mass from October through Mothers Day. They also sing at the Christmas Eve 3:00pm Mass, and on Easter.
• 1st thru 7th grade children are welcome.
• Rehearses on Tuesdays, starting, September 20, from 6:00-6:45pm in the church
• Cantors are auditioned from the choir and are then trained. They are scheduled to sing for 1-3 Masses a month depending upon the church’s need and the cantor’s availability. A Schola Cantorum made up of our cantors sings periodically at the Saturday 5:00pm Mass.
To volunteer, or for more information, please contact Russell Stern at firstname.lastname@example.org or you are welcome to just show up to one of the rehearsals listed above, at any time. Thank you for your consideration!